Interview with cosplayer Suzumi -
Meet Suzumi a cosplayer from Japan! She has cosplayed characters such as Hagumi Hanamoto from Honey & Clover and Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass. We at ProCosplay absolutely loved her cosplay of Yui Hirasawa from K-On! Suzumi was kind enough to share with us some info about her. Read on to find out more.
Name - Suzumi (すずみ) Takafumi
Place - Setagaya-ku, Tokyo
DOB - July 28
Fav anime - DRRR!
Pokemon BW *blush* etc etc...
1. How about you introduce yourself first?
Suzumi :- Hello~ I'm Suzumi, you don't know me but let's try to get along, alright?
2. What inspired you to start cosplaying and for how long have you been cosplaying?
Suzumi :- I guess seeing all of the anime characters around and how good everyone looked dressing like them, I just wanted to try. I've been doing it for...about 3 years now.
3. Why did you choose to cosplay Yui Hirasawa?
Suzumi :- Because she's cute! And I love how easy going (yet ditzy) she is.
4. Could you give the readers some tips on cosplaying Yui Hirasawa?
Suzumi :- Make sure the hair is right. And don't get lazy if you want to get her uniform. AND just because she wears casual things does NOT mean you can go out in casual cosplay. It really is not the same...
5. Do you have any favourite cosplayers that you admire and get inspired by?
Suzumi :- I really like Chen Mei Ting (RabbitMillet), Celestine (astral17), OkiyaDaze, and... Oh! I like Kaesaru but she doesn't cosplay anymore. They all inspire me alot.
6. Which character do you love cosplaying the most?
Suzumi :- Obviously Yui Hirasawa. But I like Hagumi Hanamoto and I wish I could do more of Suzaku Kururugi.
7. What are you planning to cosplay in the future?
Suzumi :- Someone (I don't know who) from Angelic Layer, Rei Ayanami, and Japan from Hetalia.
8. How does cosplaying make you feel?
Suzumi :- It makes me feel awesome. I really can't describe it, I just love doing it. And my greatest joy comes from actually getting the cosplay done..Even if I may have made the costume too small.
You can see more of her work on deviantart, blog, CURE and Facebook
You might also like: