How To Order The Correct Size From Procosplay
Click here for checking a video to see how to measure and select your size.
Not all humans were created equally and the same applies to superheroes! Whether you are minute like Ant-Man, bulky like The Hulk or spindly like Spiderman, Procosplay knows that even the most experienced hero needs a little help when it comes to tailoring.
Here’s the low down on how to order the correct costume size:
- Size Matters
Forget about your usual clothing size! Whether you are from the US, UK, or usually wear European sizes – our costumes are made in a variety of different materials with specialized stitching and parts, so your usual size will not apply here.
- It is vital that you measure your body correctly.
- To obtain more precise measurements ensure that you are wearing thin, tight clothing so that any dimensions taken are as close to your body shape as possible. There is a very small margin for error.
- For more accurate sizing, you are advised to get someone to help you if possible.
- Measurements can be taken in either centimeters or inches.
- 1. Height(compulsory): from the top of the head to the toe
2. Chest Size(compulsory): the circumference of the largest part of your chest
3. Waist Size(compulsory): measuring the circumference horizontally on the navel
4. Hip Size(compulsory): the circumference of the largest part of your hip
5. Shoulder Width: the length from the left shoulder seam to the right one across the back
6. Arm Length: the length from top of shoulder to wrist
7. Leg Inseam: the inseam length, from the crotch to the ankle
8. Thigh Size: the circumference of the largest part of your thigh
9. Calf Cir: the circumference of the largest part of your calf
10. B.C.(biceps circumference): the circumference of the largest part of your biceps
11. Forearm Cir: the circumference of the largest part of your forearm
12. Top Length: the length from the point between shoulder and neck to the navel
13. Leg Outseam: the outseam length, from the navel to the ankle
2. Let Us Guide You
Once you have taken your precise measurements, then you can refer to our helpful online guide.
- Be aware that the size chart reflects the body’s dimensions and not the clothes themselves.
- The exact measurement of the costume will depend on the version ordered and your own individual need for comfort.
3. Take Your Pick
Once you are certain of your size and costume choice it’s as easy as selecting a drop-down category.
- If your measurements are close to that of the standard size, then once you have confirmed this against the exact version of the costume, then you can select and order.
- If you do not fit into the category of the standard size then a customized costume is the option for you.
- Don’t forget, whilst the general measurements we take are for the height, chest, waist and hip – if you have any special requirements then you will need to let us know. This could mean that you have longer arms than average or a shorter torso. As we are unable to fully measure your body like a tailor would, or use our telepathic skills like Doctor Strange, we rely on you to let us know – plus no one else knows your body as you do.
4. Suited And Booted
Some of the costumes come with optional quality boots and shoes, so don’t forget to select this option if necessary.
- Shoe purchase is very simple – just choose the relevant US or EUR shoe size as appropriate.
- With boots, we will need some more measurements due to the variations in calf size and leg length, however, there is a handy guide on how to measure and what we will need from you.
5. Super Kids
- Whilst we do have an extensive selection of kids cosplay costumes, with bespoke size choices, the adult outfits can also be ordered for your little heroes. However, these will all need to be customized size orders except the sizes 3XS and 6XS can work.
If you are uncertain or in doubt, please do not hesitate to contact our extremely helpful team for further advice at [email protected].com.