Interview with cosplayer Akatsuki Tsukasa -
Meet the wondrous Akatsuki Tsukasa! A cosplayer from Taiwan, Miss Tsukasa has cosplayed a wide range of characters of varied personalities. Nami from One Piece, Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier and Saeko Busujima from Highschool of the Dead are few among the many characters that she has cosplayed. Her cosplay of the characters Meiko, Megurine Luka and Kagamine Len from Vocaloid(Senbonzakura) are all eye catching. Miss Tsukasa was kind enough to share with us some info about her. Read on to find out more.
Name - 紅月司(Akatsuki Tsukasa)
Place - Taiwan
DOB - August 21
Fav anime - Macross Frontier series
Final Fantasy series
1. How about you introduce yourself to the readers first?
紅月司 :- Hi! My name is Akatsuki Tsukasa (紅月司)
Tsukasa(司) is my first name, Akatsuki(紅月) is last name.
I usually play male or sexy women roles.
Blood type O/Leo/5 feet 6 inches tall.
My favorite female charactor is Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier anime.
2. What inspired you to start cosplaying and for how long have you been cosplaying?
紅月司 :- My experience with cosplay started about nine years ago. It started with attending events as an artist, and later transitioned into a cosplayer.
3. Why did you choose to potray Luka Megurine, Meiko and Kagamine Len(Senbonzakura)?
紅月司 :- I love the topic about Oiran(courtesans in Japan), and the kimono fashion of the Taisho-period. I like them in my first view of this mv.
And my friend invited me too!
4. Could you give the readers some tips on cosplaying these three characters(Senbonzakura)?
紅月司 :- It's not easy to catch the characteristic and express their emotions through camera shots, my personal advice is to web browse, watch Taiga drama, or read books about traditional culture of Japan.
5. What is the most difficult cosplay challenge you've faced so far? How did you pull it off?
紅月司 :- I'm terrified of heights and the thoughts of being high up scare me, some times when we go to the ruins for location shooting I have to climb up high to get a better shot, it didn’t show on the photos but in my heart I was screaming and crying (lol)
I ask photographers countdown for me, so I can do facial expressions on time in stead of frightened face.
6. Do you see yourself cosplaying in 10 years?
紅月司 :- I think I might be quit in few years, cause my busy job and my sense of responsibility.
If my future husband's not mind, maybe I can be here for a few more years.^^
7. What do you plan to cosplay in the future?
紅月司 :- Macross Frontier-The Wings of Goodbye
Final Fantasy 13-2
8. Do you have any favourite cosplayers that you admire and get inspired by?
紅月司 :- I admire LEIKA very much, she's a cosplayer in Japan.>/////<
9. How does cosplaying make you feel?
紅月司 :- Happiness, and a bit pressure too. I’m a perfectionist.
The happiest thing in my life is know my besties through these events.
10. Can you give some advise to the beginners out there?
紅月司 :- Watch more movies! And you’ll learn more.
Want to keep tabs on 紅月司?
Follow her on Facebook, worldcosplay, CURE and Yam Blog
You might also like: